The purpose of the Library Assistant is to provide general administrative and hands-on support to help with the daily operations of the Library. The Library
Assistant has an important part to play in supporting teachers in the delivery of high quality teaching and learning programs at Hume Anglican Grammar.
In this full-time, fixed term position, working term weeks for Semester 2, 2020. The position will commence on Monday, 13 July and conclude Friday, 11 December 2020. There is the possibility of the position to be made ongoing.
The Library Assistant is recognised as very organised and self-disciplined. They have high standards and strive to improve their own practice and to make efficiencies in the school setting.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Providing assistance to Library users and direct enquiries to the Library Manager when appropriate and as required
- Assisting in the management of appropriate cataloguing and borrowing systems for resources
- Maintaining the circulation desk, and check items out and in, in accordance with set procedures
- Return Library materials to shelves or other storage areas
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Highly proficient computer skills in the MS Office suite including Outlook and Word
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role
- A current Working with Children Check
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organisational skills, planning, and ability to operate efficiently and effectively
- A flexible approach to work and being adept at prioritising, operating under pressure and managing multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- The highest level of loyalty and discretion, and the capacity to maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality
To obtain the full position description and more information about the School, visit our website: humegrammar.vic.edu.au.
The Hume Anglican Grammar Agreement 2019 classifies this position as General Staff Level 2.
The position is entitled to 5 weeks paid annual leave and 8 weeks unpaid. Once you deduct the unpaid leave, the salary is prorated over the fixed term contract period and includes leave loading.
The sub-level offered will be determined by the successful candidates experience in a like role and relevant qualifications.
2.1 $51,026 (annual equivalent)
2.2 $52,557 (annual equivalent)
2.3 $54,133 (annual equivalent)
2.4 $55,758 (annual equivalent)
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School's Student Protection Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website.
How to apply:
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar Application form, which addresses the Key Selection Criteria (KSC).
- Please visit the following links for the Application Form and the Position Description (which contains the KSC) humegrammar.vic.edu.au
- Please address your application to the Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
- **Applicants who do not complete the Application Form will not be considered.***
Applications close on Wednesday, 17 June 2020.