Head of Learning - The Arts (Primary)
Acknowledging the role creative expression has in the education of students, Hume now calls for applications for the leadership position, Head of Learning - The Arts (Primary) commencing at the start the 2020 academic year based from our Mt Ridley Campus.
The leadership position incorporates both Visual and Performing Arts and has a time release of 0.2 FTE for a 4 year fixed term. The teaching position is ongoing.
Experience teaching Visual Arts is highly desirable.
The Head of Learning - The Arts (Primary) leads the scope and sequence of the academic program and provides expert advice to the teachers within their area of responsibility, with knowledge of contemporary teaching and learning practices, and extensive experience within their area.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a leadership role within the Performing Arts
- Far-reaching understanding of teaching and learning within the Performing Arts
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks, meet prescribed deadlines, and concurrently manage a number of competing demands
- Experience in planning and conducting performance-based events
- Current registration, or immediate eligibility for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to motivate staff and inspire students
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety.
As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School's Child Safety Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website.
How to apply:
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar application form, which addresses the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) for the Position of Head of Learning - Primary.
- Please visit the following links for the Application Form and the Position Description - Teacher and the Position Description for Head of Learning - Primary (which contains the KSC) humegrammar.vic.edu.au
- Please address your application to the Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
- Please be advised that applicants who do not complete the Application Form will not be considered.
Applications close Monday, 16 September 2019.