Head of Learning - Secondary HPE
A passionate, committed educator is sought to fill this position and join our team in a supportive and professional environment. Commencing from the start
of the 2019 school year, the Head of Learning - Secondary HPE position is a 4 year tenure and the teaching component of this position is ongoing. Hume
Anglican Grammar has five Heads of Learning in the Secondary School, with a sixth being HPE to be introduced in 2019.
Hume Anglican Grammar acknowledges the critical role of school leaders in developing an innovative and vibrant learning culture across the school community. Through this leadership the school is able to pursue a holistic approach to the delivery of an academic program which intimately connects best teaching practice to enhance the learning outcomes for the students.
A Head of Learning drives the scope and sequence of the academic program and provides expert advice to the teachers within their area of responsibility to deliver a relevant, stimulating and effective teaching program. Including being equipped with extensive knowledge of their specific discipline, and knowledge of contemporary Teaching & Learning practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Leadership experience
- Far-reaching understanding of education in their discipline; including pedagogy, curriculum development and student learning
- Sound understanding of curriculum design and teaching & learning practices
- Expert syllabus knowledge within their area of responsibility.
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety.
As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School's Child Saftey Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website.
How to apply:
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar application form, which addresses the Key Selection Criteria (KSC).
- Please see links for the Application Form and the full Position Description (which contains the KSC) humegrammar.vic.edu.au
- Please address your application to the Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
- Please be advised that applicants who do not complete the Application Form will not be considered.
For any enquiries please contact the Assistant Principal - Secondary; firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 8339 6900.
Applications close on 4pm, Wednesday, 1 August 2018