Head of Curriculum - Secondary
Commencing from the start of the 2019 school year, the Head of Curriculum – Secondary position is a 4 year tenure and the teaching component of this position
The Head of Curriculum drives the scope and sequence of the academic program for their school and provides expert advice to the teachers within their area to deliver a relevant, stimulating and effective teaching program. With knowledge of contemporary Teaching & Learning practices, the Head of Curriculum will create a safe, stimulating and challenging environment, whilst promoting the School's philosophy, policies and procedures.
The Head of Curriculum is recognised and highly respected by colleagues, parents and community members as an exemplary teacher. They have demonstrated consistent and innovative teaching practice and the ability to initiate and lead activities that focus on improving educational opportunities for all students. They continue to seek ways to improve their own practice and to share their experience with colleagues. They are skilled in mentoring teachers, using activities that develop knowledge, practice and professional engagement in others. They promote and nurture creative, innovative thinking among colleagues.
The Head of Curriculum is the second-in-charge of their sub-school and has overall responsibility in the absence of the Assistant Principal.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing, implementing, evaluating and revising the selection and sequencing of curriculum
- Leading processes to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching programs using research and workplace knowledge about how students learn
- Supporting the Director of Teaching and Learning in leading initiatives and colleagues to select and develop teaching strategies to improve student learning
- Managing, with the other Head of Curriculum all NAPLAN administration tasks and assisting the Director of Teaching and Learning with the analysis of results and action plans
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening,
and adhere to the School's Student Protection Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website. All teaching
staff must hold, or be immediately eligible for VIT registration.
How to apply:
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar application form (located on our website), which addresses the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) for the leadership role.
- Please see links to find the Application Form and the full Position Description (which contains the KSC).
- Applicants who do not complete the Application Form found on our website will not be considered.
- All applications must be submitted via SEEK, addressed to the Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
Applications close on or before, 4:00pm on Wednesday, 5 September 2018.
For any enquiries please contact the Assistant Principal - Secondary; email@example.com or on 03 8339 6900.
We look forward to your application.