The Finance Manager will assist the Business Manager by taking responsibility and accountability for the end-to-end accounting function and maintenance of the General Ledger for the School, including reporting and analysis.
With sound knowledge of the financial operations of a School environment and the School’s management system, Synergetic; the Finance Manager ensures the School’s financial reporting system is accurately managed.
The Finance Manager has three direct reports, being the Accounts Receivable Officer, Accounts Payable Officer, and Finance and Administration Officer and works in close partnership with the Executive Assistant to the Business Manager/Office Manager and Payroll and Personnel Officer.
The successful applicant will perform various finance and accounting functions including:
- Financial Accounting and Management Reporting
- Government Reporting, Payroll and Tax Compliance
- Oversight of accounts payable and receivable functions
- Financial Database (Synergetic) Management
- Other duties as described in the position description
Skills and Experience Required;
- An appropriate post-secondary qualification in Accounting or a Business discipline, or be studying towards achieving such qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role requiring solid accounting skills and preparation of financial management reports and analysis through to a stage ready to be presented to Board and Committee meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a process improvement project within a finance function.
- Highly proficient and advanced computer skills in the MS Office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A current Working with Children check.
- A current National Police Check.
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Practising Accountant qualification.
- Extensive and current experience in an end-to-end financial/management accounting role, reporting to senior management in an independent school.
- Experience with database management.
- Knowledge of the Synergetic School Management System.
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the Child Safety Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website.
How to apply:
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar application form, which addresses the Key Selection Criteria (KSC).
- Please see the following links for the Application Form and the Position Description (which contains the KSC)
- Please address your application to the Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
- Applicants who do not complete the Application Form will not be considered.
Please direct all enquiries to the Business Manager, Kieran Mitchell; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Sunday, 13 January 2019.