Director of Performing Arts P-12 and Head of Primary Arts
Acknowledging the role creative expression has in the education of students, Hume now calls for applications for the position Director of Performing Arts
and Head of Learning - Primary Arts. Commencing at the start of Term 2, until the end of the 2019 school year.
This is a dual role, comprising leadership of the co-curricular P-12 Performing Arts program of the School. In addition, the position entails the leadership of the key learning area - Primary Arts, incorporating both Visual and Performing Arts. The leadership component has a time release of 0.6 FTE with the 0.4 FTE teaching component consisting of Year 1, 3, 4 and 8 Performing Arts.
Violin skills and training or experience in Kodaly Methodology is desirable.
Director of Performing Arts: (P-12)
The Director of Performing Arts has the important role of leading a creative, inclusive and stimulating co-curricular program. They manage all facets of P-12 performing arts beyond the courses offered in the academic program.
The Director of Performing Arts Directs the annual major production, this year being the Primary Concert/Production. They have overall responsibility for all other programmed concerts, performances and recitals. The Director of Performing Arts ensures all productions are of the highest standard which promotes excellence, whilst offering opportunities for student development and encouragement. It is expected they will operate in close collaboration with colleagues to create a contemporary, rich and vibrant performing arts program from Prep to Year 12.
Head of Learning - The Arts (Primary)
Leading Prep to Year 6 curriculum and staff in the key learning area of The Arts.
The Head of Learning - The Arts (Primary) leads the scope and sequence of the academic program and provides expert advice to the teachers within their area of responsibility, with knowledge of contemporary teaching and learning practices, and extensive experience within their area.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a leadership role within the Performing Arts
- Far-reaching understanding of teaching and learning within the Performing Arts
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks, meet prescribed deadlines, and concurrently manage a number of competing demands
- Experience in planning and conducting performance-based events
- Current registration, or immediate eligibility for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to motivate staff and inspire students
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety.
As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School's Child Safety Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website.
How to apply:
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar application form, which addresses the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) of Director of Performing Arts.
- Please see the following links to the Application Form and the Position Descriptions for the Director of Performing Arts (which contain the KSC), the Head of Learning - Primary and Teacher. You only need to address the criteria for the Director of Performing Arts role.
- Please address your application to the Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
- Please be advised that applicants who do not complete the Application Form will not be considered.
Applications close Monday, 25 February 2019 at 4:00pm.
For any enquiries please contact the Deputy Principal - Robert Tassoni via email@example.com or on 03 8339 6900.