Director of Performing Arts
Acknowledging the role creative expression has in the education of students, Hume now calls for applications for the position Director of Performing Arts.
Commenceing from the start of the 2019 school year, the Director of Performing Arts position is a 4 year tenure and the teaching component of this
position is ongoing.
The Director of Performing Arts has the important role of leading a creative, inclusive and stimulating co-curricular program. They manage all facets of the performing arts beyond the courses offered in the academic program
The Director of Performing Arts directly manages all facets of the annual major production, and has overall responsibility for programmed concerts, performances and recitals. The Director of Performing Arts ensures all productions are of the highest standard which promotes excellence, whilst offering opportunities for student development and encouragement. It is expected they will operate in close collaboration with colleagues to create a contemporary, rich and vibrant performing arts program from Prep to Year 12.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a leadership role within the Performing Arts
- Far-reaching understanding of teaching and learning within the Performing Arts
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks, meet prescribed deadlines, and concurrently manage a number of competing demands
- Experience in planning and conducting events
- Current registration, or immediate eligibility for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to motivate staff and inspire students
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety.
As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School's Child Saftey Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website.
How to apply:
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar application form, which addresses the Key Selection Criteria (KSC).
- Please visit these links for the Application Form and the full Position Description (which contains the KSC).
- Please address your application to the Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
- Please be advised that applicants who do not complete the Application Form will not be considered.
Please direct all enquiries to the Acting Principal, Tim Agnew on 8339 6900.
Applications close on 4pm, Wednesday, 1 August 2018