Director of Co-curricular
Acknowledging the essential role co-curricular programs have in delivering a broad holistic education Hume now calls for applications for the position
of Director of Co-curricular. Commencing from the start of the 2019 school year, the Director of Co-curricular position is a 4 year tenure and the
teaching component of this position is ongoing.
Co-curricular programs help create strong connections between curriculum and student pastoral care programs. They also promote regular, active and enjoyable participation as a lifelong aim as well as social, physical and psychological health benefits.
The Director of Co-curricular manages the co-curricular program both internally (House and other activities) and externally (interschool), and provides direction to teachers and students to deliver a relevant, stimulating and inclusive co-curricular program. It is inherent within the role and incorporated into the leadership time release, that the Director of Co-curricular will operate outside the regular school hours to attend and manage activities, performances, meetings, events and functions. Hence, they will be required to work before and after school, during term breaks and on weekends, as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing, managing, evaluating and revising all co-curricular programs - both internally and externally
- Increasing and improving the range of intra-school competitions to actively engage and involve as many students as possible
- Planning and coordinating all facets of intra-school House competitions and events, including the three major carnivals – swimming, cross country and athletics (Years 3-6 and 7-12)
- Managing facilities and resources required to conduct House activities
- Coordinating and chairing meetings to organise House activities
- Managing, whilst liaising with the Assistant Principals, all facets of interschool competition for Swimming, Athletics and Cross Country; and for other activities the school may be involved in, in the future.
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening,
and adhere to the School's Child Saftey Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website. All teaching staff
must hold, or be immediately eligible for VIT registration.
How to apply:
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar application form (located on our website), which addresses the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) for the leadership role.
- Please see the following links to the Application Form and the full Position Description (which contains the KSC) can all be found on our website; humegrammar.vic.edu.au
- Applicants who do not complete the Application Form found on our website will not be considered.
- All applications must be submitted via SEEK, addressed to the Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
Applications close on or before, 5:00pm on Wednesday, 1 August 2018.
For any enquiries please contact the Acting Principal; Mr Tim Agnew on 03 8339 6900.
We look forward to your application.