Commencing from the start of 2019, a rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional school leader. The Deputy Principal will be responsible
for building an inclusive model of learning centred leadership with a specific focus on pedagogical strategic planning. They will inspire, guide, model
and lead excellence to develop a strong and visionary learning culture from Prep to Year 12. The Deputy Principal will assist the Principal in setting
strategic direction and in the leadership of the School to provide high-level vision and direction to staff, students and the School community. The
Deputy Principal will implement quality assurance processes to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the School.
The Deputy Principal is an executive level position holding membership on the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and reporting to the Principal. As such, they have a major role in the development and implementation of the current and future strategies and objectives, and are accountable for the implementation of elements of the Strategic Plan - Shaping Our Future as they relate to whole-of-School goals.
The Deputy Principal has overall responsibility on behalf of the Principal for leading the School’s child safety culture. The Deputy Principal will encourage and maintain the growth of a high performance culture of continuous improvement and individual merit. They will promote teaching and learning as the core business of the School, facilitating and fostering a positive and productive learning climate for staff and students.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Deputy Principal is responsible for exemplary leadership conduct and management.
- Providing strategic leadership for the effective administration and day-to-day management of the School, as well as the conduct of major of events
- Promulgating and promoting key strategic objectives to all staff, ensuring that there is understanding, engagement and participation at all levels
- Setting and implementing strategic direction for the academic advancement of the School
- Providing direction and support to the Director of Teaching and Learning and liaising with other key staff ensuring the curriculum and academic program is offered at the highest standard according to best practice
- Leading the whole school staff professional development program by establishing a coordinated, longitudinal program that embeds collaboration and learning into school culture
- Leading the School’s child safety culture.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated commitment and passion, for the development and communication of an educational approach that meets the needs of all students and achieves academic excellence
- Proven capacity to lead, motivate and inspire teachers to learn and to lead learning, bringing vision to life and encouraging a culture of innovation, professionalism and collaboration
- Far-reaching understanding of education; including pastoral care, pedagogy, curriculum development and student learning
The application process:
Applications are required via SEEK and addressed to the Principal, including 3 references.
Application close 9am, Monday, 23 July 2018.
For any confidential enquiries please contact the Principal: email@example.com
We look forward to your application.