Assistant Principal - Primary (Donnybrook Campus)
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional school leader to achieve, inspire and motivate as Assistant Principal - Primary of the new Donnybrook Campus.
In 2018, Hume will have a student enrolment of over 1,100 and a staff compliment of 105, 74 of whom are Teaching Staff. This will grow over the next two years to reach 1,230 students with a corresponding cohort of teaching and general staff. The school will continue to develop its infrastructure and organisational sophistication to cater for the increasing enrolments.
The position is due to commence in January 2018 with the Campus scheduled to open to its first Students in 2019. They will be responsible for the operation of the Primary School on the Donnybrook Campus, in addition, in the year prior to the campus opening, they will have significant involvement in planning and the establishment of the campus.
This senior position (holding membership on the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)) and reporting to the Principal, will play an active role in the development and implementation of the current and future strategies and objectives, and be accountable for implementation of elements of the business plan as they relate to whole-of-School goals.
The Assistant Principal - Primary will encourage and maintain the growth of a high performance culture of continuous improvement and individual merit. They will promote teaching and learning as the core business of the School, facilitating and fostering a positive and productive learning climate for staff and students.
Responsibilities and Duties
Pertaining to responsibility in leading the Primary School, this includes:
- Managing the daily routines and general school life for students and staff
- Ensuring the academic program is offered at the highest standard according to best practice
- Leading a caring, inclusive and engaging student pastoral care program
- Managing student conduct, maintaining high standards and promoting excellence
- Creating a culture which is safe, secure and enjoyable for students and staff
- Developing, recommending, implementing and monitoring quality assurance processes regarding teaching and learning, staff professional learning and pastoral care
- Assisting in the selection and appointment of staff
Pertaining to responsibility in managing the campus, this includes:
- Ensuring timely completion of all accreditation material for VRQA certification and ongoing compliance
- Playing an active part on the Campus Project Management Team in campus planning and development
- Acting as the overall director of the campus including managing the care and use of campus facilities
- Leading campus community relations activities and communication including promotion of the campus for enrolment growth
- Operating in close conjunction with the Registrar in managing new students to the campus
- Networking with the land developer, community groups, local associations, and other organisations relevant to the development of the campus
Pertaining to general responsibilities, these include:
- Undertaking the duties of a teacher as defined by the Position Description for a Teacher
How to apply:
Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar application form which addresses the Key Selection Criteria (KSC).
Applicants who do not complete the Application Form found on our website will not be considered.
All applications must be submitted via SEEK, addressed to the Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
Applications close on or before Friday, 1 September 2017.
For a confidential discussion, or any enquiries please contact the Principal: email@example.com
We look forward to your application.